The New Mexico State University Library invites you to “Police, Public and Press: Shining Light on Officer Shootings”, scheduled for Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 5 p.m. at Zuhl Library. The event will be held to commemorate Sunshine Week, which celebrates the public’s access to information, open records and open government.
We currently have a presentation lined up for this event that features the following panelists:
• New Mexico Foundation for Open Government (NMFOG) Executive Director Susan Boe
• Las Cruces Sun-News Opinion Page Editor Walter Rubel
• Dona Ana County District Attorney Mark D’Antonio
• Constitutional law expert and trial attorney Michael Stout
• Retired Dona Ana County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Michael Kinney
• NMSU Police Chief Stephen Lopez
The panel will be moderated by writer, photographer and lawyer Peter Goodman, and will examine how open records laws have been affected with recent officer-involved shooting occurrences in our region. With representation from open government advocates, the press, law enforcement and the legal system, it is expected to be a lively yet balanced and constructive discussion of perspectives.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact
Director of Development
New Mexico State University Library