Frequently Asked Questions to THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE

Through local law enforcement. All cases must be investigated and filed by a law enforcement agency. Please call 911 to report a crime.

Call our Victim Assistance phone at (575) 647-8553.

Call 911 to report the threatening or harassing behavior and then contact the DA’s Office to provide the advocate or prosecutor with this information. Make sure that you have your case number available. If you do not have the direct number to your advocate or prosecutor, please call (575) 524-6370.

With the COVID-19 protocols, our office is accepting limited walk-ins. Please call our office to set up an appointment at (575) 524-6370.

Once the case is closed, by law, under the Inspection of Public Records Act, every person has the right to inspect public records of the 3rd Judicial District Attorney’s Office. Please submit a request for inspection here.